Synergy Shares Scholarship
“Strong communities build strong people; Strong people become great leaders; Great leaders build stronger communities.” This is a quote that our CEO Glenn Stang will often say. And we believe in it. We are committed to supporting our members to help build them up into great leaders. Our scholarship support is one of many ways we help to do that.
Synergy Shares Program
Synergy Shares Program
ENGAGE. COLLABORATE. GROW.
- sustain, improve and grow the communities where we have a presence
- support financial wellness, including scholarships and financial literacy programs
- sustain and improve health care
- support local initiatives within the community
- organizations that discriminate against religion, race, culture, gender and lifestyle
- funding for operating expenses
- for-profit organizations
- unregistered organizations
- political organizations and campaigns
- advocacy or lobbying organizations
- religious group, events or projects
- individual pursuits
- travel funding and/or team funding
- private foundations
- multiple contributions to the same organization in the same fiscal year
Levels of funding
- apply for funding of $5,000 and less
- allow a timeline of up to one (1) month for collaboration between Synergy Credit Union and you, the applicant
- apply for funding from $5,001 to $25,000
- allow a timeline of up to three (3) months for collaboration between Synergy Credit Union and you, the applicant
Congratulations to our winners!
- An active Synergy Credit Union member (here’s how you can become one in case you aren’t).
- A high-school student about to graduate
- A mature student currently enrolled in or about to enroll in a post-secondary program.
- Enrolled to attend post-secondary schooling on a full-time basis. This can include a bachelor program, diploma, certificate or trade.
- Synergy Credit Union employees and directors, as well as their spouses and children, are not eligible to apply for this scholarship. We have a separate, in-house scholarship for the spouses and children of our Synergy team.
- Listing the 7 Co-operative Principles (hint, you can find them here).
- Want bonus points? Select one Co-operative Principle and share an example of what Synergy has done to support it. Feel free to share more than one example. (hint check out our annual report).
- Our mission statement is "The Synergy experience, building relationships beyond banking." What does this mean to you? Thinking back to your relationship with Synergy, how has Synergy made a difference for you?
- More bonus points! If you were to recommend an area for Synergy to focus on, what would it be and why?
- Describe how receiving this scholarship can make a difference for you (we’re excited to hear your plans).
- Proof of tuition payment. This can be a receipt of the funds paid.
- Verification of full-time studies. This can be a letter of confirmation from the school registrar.
- Scholarship must be instigated for redemption, with the first year of funds paid no later than December 31, 2022. If the scholarship is not redeemed by this date, the scholarship funds are forfeited.
If you have any troubles or are unable to complete the application online, please contact us by sending an email or give us a call at 1-866-825-3301.
If you attend high school or college in a participating community, you can apply to receive one of these annual scholarships through the school. The Selection Committee chooses the scholarship recipients based on:
- academic achievement
- school and community involvement
- leadership responsibilities within the school community
- personal qualities consistent with good citizenship
Synergy Credit Union scholarships are available through the following:
- Hillmond Central School
- Kindersley Great Plains College
- Kindersley Composite School
- Lashburn High School
- Lloydminster Lakeland College
- Lloydminster Comprehensive High School
- Lloydminster Holy Rosary High School
- Macklin School
- Maidstone Comprehensive High School
- Marsden Jubilee School
- Marshall School
- Neilburg Composite School
- Paradise Hill School
- St. Walburg School