Take the next step in your educational journey and become a future leader in our community
To ensure a successful application, please review the following details.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must be:
An active member of Synergy Credit Union. Don't worry if you're not already a member, it's easy to become one, and
Enrolled to attend post-secondary schooling on a full-time basis. (This includes bachelor programs, diplomas, certificates, or trades.)
If you are selected as one of the two recipients:
Proof of tuition payment. This can be a receipt of the funds paid.
Verification of full-time studies. This can be a letter of confirmation from the school registrar.
We're all about building meaningful relationships with our applicants and ensuring that they share our values and mission. To make the process fun and easy, we've designed a short and sweet 10-question multiple choice quiz - no lengthy essays required! The quiz focuses on two areas:
By completing this quiz, you'll demonstrate your understanding of Synergy Credit Union's values and how they align with your own.
Don't worry if you're not already familiar with Synergy's mission or the 7 Co-operative Principles – the information you need to answer the questions correctly is provided in the links above. We believe that understanding these concepts is important for future leaders in our community, and we're excited to see how you'll do!
If you have any questions about the Synergy Shares Scholarship program or the scholarship application process, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're excited to help you achieve your educational goals!
- We've got not one, but two scholarships up for grabs in 2023! Apply now for your chance to win one of them.
- Synergy Credit Union employees and Board of Directors, as well as their immediate family members, are not eligible for this scholarship. But don't worry, we've got another scholarship just for them!
- If you've already won a Synergy Shares Scholarship in the past, unfortunately, you're not eligible to apply for one in 2023. But we can't wait to see all the amazing things you accomplish!
- We can't wait to see your application! The scholarship application period starts on April 24, 2023, and ends on May 31, 2023.
- Winners of the Synergy Shares Scholarship will be notified no later than June 30th, 2023.
- Winners of the Synergy Shares Scholarship will be celebrated on our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn), in our branches, on our website, and maybe even in the media. Get ready for your close-up!
- In order to receive the scholarship funds each year, the recipient must provide proof of tuition payment and verification of full-time studies by December 31 of that year. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the scholarship funds.
Synergy Credit Union scholarships are available through the following schools and colleges:
- Chief Little Pine School - Little Pine
- Chief Poundmaker School - Poundmaker Cree Nation
- Hillmond Central School
- Kindersley Great Plains College
- Kindersley Composite School
- Lashburn High School
- Lloydminster Lakeland College
- Lloydminster Comprehensive High School
- Lloydminster Holy Rosary High School
- Macklin School
- Maidstone Comprehensive High School
- Marsden Jubilee School
- Marshall School
- Neilburg Composite School
- Paradise Hill School
- Piyesiw Awasis School - Thunderchild First Nation
- Sakaskohc High School - Onion Lake
- Saskatoon Indian & Metis Friendship Centre
- St. Walburg School