Saskatchewan Co-operative Youth Camp
Also known as Co-op Camp or SCYP, the Saskatchewan Co-operative Youth Program is a summer camp session for youth ages 12 to 18. Held in July and August every year, SCYP gives young people from across the province the chance to participate in a wide variety of fun, bonding recreational opportunities and discover the value of co-operatives. During the Co-op Camp experience, campers:
- connect with like-minded people and mentors
- increase confidence
- develop social and leadership skills
- learn what can be accomplished by working together
- explore how every voice counts in a democracy
- learn how to get involved in their communities
More than 44,000 young people have taken part in this celebrated youth leadership program since its founding in 1928 . While the curriculum has evolved with the times, leadership, self-confidence and co-operative values remain deeply embedded at its core. As a credit union, we embrace the values that campers explore at SCYP, including the beliefs that:
- the input of each individual should be valued
- sustainable goals can be achieved through teamwork
- group decision making and communication empower a spirit of co-operation and community
Show us where you feel at home!
Hey members! Have you sent us your local snapshots yet? Help us make your new digital house feel like home by sending us your local photos and you could be featured on our new website, just like this photo from Janelle Culbert.