Pay in a flash with the Interac Flash Member Card® debit card. It is a fast, convenient and secure way to pay for smaller point-of-sale purchases (like your double-double coffee in the drive-thru lane).
"You can make smaller everyday purchases quickly and easily by tapping your Interac Flash debit card."
- With the Interac Flash technology, you can pay for smaller everyday purchases quickly, easily and securely.
- To use the Flash feature of your card, simply tap your card at any point-of-sale machine that displays the Interac Flash logo or wave symbol. Wait for the beep and/or 'Approved' message on the machine. This confirms your transaction is complete.
- Your purchase is automatically debited from your account. If you choose not to use this service, you can insert your chip and enter your PIN instead.
- You can use your Interac Flash Member Card debit card at any business who supports the service on their point-of-sale machine. Many businesses use this technology and more are added each month.
"You don't need to carry a large amount of cash with you."
- You have quick and secure electronic access to funds at any time. It’s like having exact change whenever you need it.
"You can rest assured, knowing your information is protected."
- Interac Flash has built-in spending limits that provide an added layer of protection. This added layer occasionally prompts the cardholder to enter their Personal Identification Number (PIN) when the spending limit has been reached. Re-entering the PIN helps to verify the user and resets the limit.
- The maximum amount per purchase is $100 and the total spend limit per debit card is $200. (When the limit is reached, you will be asked to insert your card and enter your PIN to reset the limits.)
- If you prefer, you can insert your chip on your debit card and enter your PIN every time. (Please note, all new Member Card debit cards have Interac Flash. Your PIN is chosen by you and should be changed regularly. Remember to protect your PIN and do not share it with anyone).
"You can carry and use your card with confidence, knowing it will be protected."
- The Interac Flash® Member Card® debit card has technology that protects your card from being copied. The data that passes from the card to the point-of-sale machine only contains payment codes related to that specific transaction. Your personal information is safe and secure.
"You can use your Member Card debit card with Interac Flash technology in a variety of places."
- At any merchant who supports the Interac Flash function on their point-of-sale machine (Look for the symbol on your Member Card debit card to know if it has Interac Flash. You also need to look on the point-of-sale machine for the same symbol to ensure this convenient service works.)
- This convenient technology is also available at some vending machines (so no more scrambling for change).
- Interac Flash can be used in a number of locations and more are being added every month.
Cost Savings: Expand/Collapse
"You can replace your lost or stolen card at no additional cost to you."
- Free for new or replacement cards. Some restrictions apply.
- No charge for pinning your card or changing your PIN for security reasons.
- You can change your PIN at anytime day or night by visiting any 'ding-free' ACCULINK® ATM in Canada (look for the ACCULINK logo). The option to change your PIN is usually available on the 'Other' screen on the ATM.
- Search for 'ding-free' ACCULINK ATMs (over 1,800 across Canada) near you by visiting ding-free.ca. You can download the app for your smartphone by searching 'ding-free' (available for most smartphones).
Who might benefit from this product/service?
- All personal members.
- Business members (exceptions may apply).
Have questions about INTERAC Flash®?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
® ACCULINK is a registered trade-mark owned by Credit Union Central of Canada, used under license.
® MEMBER CARD is a registered certification mark owned by Credit Union Central of Canada, used under license.
® ding-free is a registered trademark owned by Central 1 Credit Union used under license.